[ingo] Parse Sieve scripts

Hanns Mattes hanns at hannsmattes.de
Wed May 18 21:29:23 UTC 2011

Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> schrieb:

>Zitat von Hanns Mattes <hanns at hannsmattes.de>:
>
>> [Sieve-Parser]
>This is almost impossible. Beside that we'd have to implement (or
>port) a complete Sieve parser to PHP, users can create arbitrary
>scripts that you can't simply port to a rule set.

Yep. Trying to figure out a way to parse sieve-scripts, I've stumbled
over this. You're right, I didn't take this into account in my OP.

>The only viable option is to allow power users to directly enter their
>Sieve rules and only use Ingo's uploading functionality. We would hide
>the rule list completely then.

As far as I understand this is similar to the way, smartsieve and
Roundcube's related plugin handle existing scripts. Yes, it would be
great to have it integrated in ingo.

>If you are interested in sponsoring such a solution, we can talk about
>details and prepare a proposal.

If You don't mind, I'd send you a PM.

Regards Hanns