[ingo] Preauth hook not working

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Aug 22 16:36:56 UTC 2011

Zitat von Jonathan Westerholt <joniw at t-online.de>:

>> Sounds like you don't need a hook at all, but only have the 'hordeauth'
>> parameter set to 'full'.
>>
>> Jan.
>
> I already tried with hordeauth set to full. As i understand it
> hordeauth='full' just gets the full name from the horde login which is just
> a username without the login.
>
> The idea is to read the email from a ldap directory, so the user can have a
> different email  address from the login. For testing i just want to add the
> domain by the auth hook.
>
> I also looked in the session file and the auth_app/ingo variable is filled
> with the same data as imp, but they are not used. Perhabs it is also a good
> idea to have an option which uses the login data from imp in ingo.
>
> Because i thought this is a bug i opened one in the tracker:
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10448. If you do not see it as a bug then you
> can close it. But i think as the hooks are for everey application they
> should also be usable.

I see what you mean now. The problem is, there actually is no way at
the moment to retrieve the per-application user names. It's only
intended to be used once at the initial login to an application. And
since Ingo doesn't require authentication, it's never been used, let
alone stored anywhere. IMP is different because it requires
authentication, and "caches" the user name by storing the IMAP object
including user credentials in the session.

You might be able to workaround this by enabling the 'username' and
'password' in Ingo's backend configuration, but setting them
dynamically with the same information use currently use in the
pre-auth hook.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/