[ingo] Sieve script generation for full From header field

Sebastian Schlingmann sebastian.schlingmann at web.de
Thu Sep 13 10:03:33 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I have a small problem with the Ingo generated sieve script.
I am trying to filter by the plaintext name in the From header field (not
a mail address!).

Ingo generates the following if-condition:

if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "From" "Some
Name"  {

which does not match if I have incoming mail with a header line like this:

From: Some Name <email at address>

What works is the following sieve line:

if header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "From" "Some Name"  {

However I can't get Ingo to generate something like this. Even if I use
the custom header field with "From" it is just transformed back into a
normal "From" rule.

Bye
Sebastian