[ingo] WG: Using IMP Auth in Ingo

Jonathan Westerholt joniw at t-online.de
Tue Oct 2 13:16:47 UTC 2012

> Re-reading through the thread... why are you not using an authentication
> hook to set the ingo username?  You shouldn't be directly altering
> Factory/Transport.php.
>
> michael

In Horde 4 i tried to use the authentication hook. But as said in
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/10448 Ingo uses the horde auth and has no own
authentication. So the preauth hook for example is called but the username
and password are not used. The only alternative could be the
appauthenticated hook. But this is only called once on authentication, but
on every call to ingo the transport is instantiated with the username and
password from horde.

I would use the hooks but I cannot see how to change the username and
password for ingo from them.

With regards

Jonathan