[ingo] WG: Using IMP Auth in Ingo

Jonathan Westerholt joniw at t-online.de
Wed Oct 10 17:05:41 UTC 2012

> So it does make sense to allow for a system to define transport
> authentication credentials outside of the configuration file (due to
> bootstrapping concerns).  Therefore, in Ingo 3, I have just committed code
> that adds a 'transport_auth' hook that replaces the old 'hordeauth',
> 'password', and 'username' parameters that used to be contained in
> backends.php.
>
> This should fix your personal issue.
>
> michael

Hello Michael

I just tried your hook and I have a few issues:

1) The problem with the infinite loop also exists with the hook. When i try to get the imap object with "$ob = $GLOBALS['registry']->call('mail/imapOb');" I get the loop and I am not able to login. When retrieving the imap object through "$ob = $GLOBALS['injector']->getInstance('IMP_Factory_Imap')->create();" it works. Do you have an idea how I can check if imp is fully initialized so I only grab the object if imp has loaded the object?

2) The credentials from the hook are not copied to the params array. A diff is attached. I also added the ability to set the admin in the hook.

3) The timsieved transport gets the horde user and uses this as the effective user when instantiating the NET_SIEVE class (Transport/Timsieved.php, Line 64: "Ingo::getUser(false);"). There the user from the hook must be used. A diff is attached.

With regards

Jonathan