[ingo] WG: Using IMP Auth in Ingo

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 15 21:37:47 UTC 2012

Quoting Jonathan Westerholt <joniw at t-online.de>:

>> > 3) The timsieved transport gets the horde user and uses this as the
>> > effective user when instantiating the NET_SIEVE class
>> > (Transport/Timsieved.php, Line 64: "Ingo::getUser(false);"). There the
>> > user from the hook must be used. A diff is attached.
>>
>> I need to look at this some more.  Seems a bit strange that we are using the
>> identical username twice in the method call (not saying it is
>> wrong, but need
>> to analyze more to make sure this assumption is correct).
>
> My idea was that we can change the password of the admin account in
> the hook and so we should be able to set the admin user. If we use
> an admin account the password from the params array is used for the
> admin account and the username is the name of the effective user (
> see
> http://pear.php.net/package/Net_Sieve/docs/1.3.2/Net_Sieve/Net_Sieve.html#methodNet_Sieve). That is the reason why we use the same name twice if we do not use an admin
> account.

As I thought, the username parameter is no better as the default value
for the effective user as the original (one of my clients defaults to
Ingo::getUser(true) instead, for example).  So I would rather keep the
original as the default and instead allow the transport_auth hook to
override this default instead.

michael