[ingo] Sieve Filter doesn't work

Michael Wisniewski wisniewski at mwiz.org
Tue Apr 9 12:40:12 UTC 2013

> Zitat von Michael Wisniewski <wisniewski at mwiz.org>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a strange problem and have no idea why this is going on.  I
>> have Ingo setup with numerous rules, one work, most don't.  An
>> example is to take all the mail from the horde list and put it in
>> the "Horde" folder.  Here is a snip of the active script...
>>
>> 18: # Horde Rule
>> 19: if anyof ( address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains
>> "To" "horde at lists.horde.org", address :all :comparator
>> "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "Cc" "horde at lists.horde.org" ) {
>> 20:     fileinto "Horde";
>> 21:     stop;
>> 22: }
>> 23:
>>
>> I know that this is getting into Sieve because I telnet'ed into it
>> and got the list, which included the rules I have in Ingo.
>> However, the mail is not getting put into the Horde folder.  In the
>> mail.log, sieve is storing the mail into the "INBOX", as indicated
>> in the mail.log...
>>
>> Apr  7 16:14:54 snoopy dovecot: lda(wisniewski): sieve:
>> msgid=<20130407212044.A222F7ECC7 at plesk10.hdgrouponline.com>: stored
>> mail into mailbox 'INBOX'
>>
>> I migrated from Roundcube to Horde, and Roundcube was operating
>> just fine with the rulesets with sieve.  But for whatever reason,
>> horde does not.  I also failed to mention that I have this rule
>> setup...
>>
>> 12: # Fail2Ban
>> 13: if address :all :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains "From"
>> "Fail2Ban at foo.org"  {
>> 14:     fileinto "Fail2Ban";
>> 15:     stop;
>> 16: }
>>

>> Which works just fine and directs my mail into my Fail2Ban
>> folder....so I do know that some rules do work...it's just that
>> more rules don't than do.  If anybody has any ideas, it would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> Ask on the Dovecot mailing list.
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

Well, I finally figured it out.  I'm not sure if it's a problem with
Ingo or not....but it turns out that when I enabled the filters, the
"Spam" filter was automatically enabled but did not have a folder to
redirect it to.  After I told where to redirect the spam in Ingo, the
filters started working.