[ingo] Ingo won't write .procmailrc- VFS error

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Jul 16 01:22:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm having a problem since my upgrade about a week ago.  It seems my
Ingo no longer likes to write to .procmail giving this error:

Script not updated: There was an error activating the script. The
driver said: Unable to write VFS file ".procmailrc".

I try this with my logs set to debug, and a 'tail -f' on the log file,
but no error output winds up in the horde log.

I'm current with regards to all things horde and all things pear
(except for Horde_HashTable, which doesn't seem to want to upgrade
from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1).

I use sendmail with procmail on a Debian Squeeze system.  I use mbox
file format, and the path to the procmail binary is /usr/bin/procmail.
  The horde vfs set in the hord config is /tmp.  Ftp has been tested
from the local host and is working on port 21.  Ingo settings: Conf
Storage driver = SQL conf[Storage][Params] = Horde Defaults.

Here is the cogent portions of my backends.local.php (I took out the
other examples and comments to save space).  Any help is apprecaited.
Thank you :)

<?php

/* Procmail Example */
$backends['procmail'] = array(
     // Disabled by default
     'disabled' => false,
     'transport' => array(
         Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
             'driver' => 'vfs',
             'params' => array(
                 // Hostname of the VFS server
                 'hostspec' => 'localhost',
                 // Name of the procmail config file to write
                 'filename' => '.procmailrc',
                 // The path to the .procmailrc filter file, defaults to the
                 // filters' owner's home directory.
                 // You can use the following variables:
                 //   %u = name of the filters' owner
                 //   %U = the 'username' from above
                 // Example:
                 //   '/data/procmail/filters/%u'
                 //   This would be translated into:
                 //
'/data/procmail/filters/<filter_owners_username>/.procmailrc'
                  'vfs_path' => '/usr/bin/procmail',

                 // If procmail needs an external command for mail
delivery, you
                 // can specify it below. You can also set a prefix for the
                 // mailbox name
                 // eg. for /usr/local/sbin/dmail +INBOX
                 // 'delivery_agent' => '/usr/local/sbin/dmail',
                 // 'delivery_mailbox_prefix' => '+',

                 // if the GNU utilities cannot be found in the path
                 // or have different names, you can specify their
location below
                 // 'date' => '/opt/csw/bin/gdate',
                 // 'echo' => '/opt/csw/bin/gecho',
                 // 'ls' => '/opt/csw/bin/gls',

                 // VFS: FTP example
                 // The VFS driver to use
                 'vfstype' => 'ftp',
                 // Port of the VFS server
                 'port' => 21,

                 // VFS: SSH2 example
                 // The VFS driver to use
                 // 'vfstype' => 'ssh2',
                 // Port of the VFS server
                 // 'port' => 22,
             )
         ),
     ),
     'script' => array(
         Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
             'driver' => 'procmail',
             'params' => array(
                 // What path style does the IMAP server use
['mbox'|'maildir']?
                 'path_style' => 'maildir',
                 // An array of variables to append to every generated script.
                 // Use if you need to set up specific environment variables.
                 'variables' => array(
                     // The $DEFAULT variable. If using Maildir, Ingo will use
                     // this value as the default unless you explicitly
                     // configure otherwise.
                      'DEFAULT' => '$HOME/Maildir/',
                     // The $DEFAULT variable. If using Maildir, Ingo will use
                     // this value as the default unless you explicitly
                     // configure otherwise.
                      'MAILDIR' => '$HOME/Maildir',
                     // Example for the $PATH variable
                      'PATH' => '/usr/bin',
                     // Example for the $VACATION_DIR variable (used to store
                     // vacation files)
                      'VACATION_DIR' => '$HOME',
                 ),
                 // If you need procmail to be called from .forward in the
                 // user's home directory, set the file and the content below:
                  'forward_file' => '.forward',
                  'forward_string' => '"|/usr/local/bin/procmail"',
             ),
         ),
     ),
     'shares' => false