[ingo] Ingo won't write .procmailrc- VFS error

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Wed Jul 17 01:09:28 UTC 2013

> Zitat von cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a problem since my upgrade about a week ago.  It seems
>> my Ingo no longer likes to write to .procmail giving this error:
>>

>> Script not updated: There was an error activating the script. The
>> driver said: Unable to write VFS file ".procmailrc".
>>
>> I try this with my logs set to debug, and a 'tail -f' on the log
>> file, but no error output winds up in the horde log.
>>
>> I'm current with regards to all things horde and all things pear
>> (except for Horde_HashTable, which doesn't seem to want to upgrade
>> from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1).
>>
>> I use sendmail with procmail on a Debian Squeeze system.  I use
>> mbox file format, and the path to the procmail binary is
>> /usr/bin/procmail.  The horde vfs set in the hord config is /tmp.
>> Ftp has been tested from the local host and is working on port 21.
>> Ingo settings: Conf Storage driver = SQL conf[Storage][Params] =
>> Horde Defaults.
>>
>> Here is the cogent portions of my backends.local.php (I took out
>> the other examples and comments to save space).  Any help is
>> apprecaited.  Thank you :)
>>
>> <?php
>>

>> /* Procmail Example */
>> $backends['procmail'] = array(
>>    // Disabled by default
>>    'disabled' => false,
>>    'transport' => array(
>>        Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>            'driver' => 'vfs',
>>            'params' => array(
>>                // Hostname of the VFS server
>>                'hostspec' => 'localhost',
>>                // Name of the procmail config file to write
>>                'filename' => '.procmailrc',
>>                // The path to the .procmailrc filter file, defaults to the
>>                // filters' owner's home directory.
>>                // You can use the following variables:
>>                //   %u = name of the filters' owner
>>                //   %U = the 'username' from above
>>                // Example:
>>                //   '/data/procmail/filters/%u'
>>                //   This would be translated into:
>>                //
>> '/data/procmail/filters/<filter_owners_username>/.procmailrc'
>>                 'vfs_path' => '/usr/bin/procmail',
>>
>>                // If procmail needs an external command for mail
>> delivery, you
>>                // can specify it below. You can also set a prefix for the
>>                // mailbox name
>>                // eg. for /usr/local/sbin/dmail +INBOX
>>                // 'delivery_agent' => '/usr/local/sbin/dmail',
>>                // 'delivery_mailbox_prefix' => '+',
>>
>>                // if the GNU utilities cannot be found in the path
>>                // or have different names, you can specify their
>> location below
>>                // 'date' => '/opt/csw/bin/gdate',
>>                // 'echo' => '/opt/csw/bin/gecho',
>>                // 'ls' => '/opt/csw/bin/gls',
>>
>>                // VFS: FTP example
>>                // The VFS driver to use
>>                'vfstype' => 'ftp',
>>                // Port of the VFS server
>>                'port' => 21,
>>
>>                // VFS: SSH2 example
>>                // The VFS driver to use
>>                // 'vfstype' => 'ssh2',
> [...]

Ok... weird... something I did must have fixed it, because it is now
working again.  I must have just needed a logoff on one of my tries or
something.

But, is there some documentation somewhere that talks about best
practices for backends.local.php?  I have heard docs reference it, but
never really talk in depth about what exactly is supposed to be in it.
  I have hear people in posts say many things that seem to contradict
eachother... is there some source of truth that can be consulted?
Because I couldn't find it.

Thanks Jan.

-Chris