[ingo] Filters are not applied

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Mon Sep 2 18:53:08 UTC 2013

> Zitat von cjdl01 <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using horde on debian Squeeze.  I have everything up to date on
>> the debain host, and I have everything up to date with pear (and
>> all horde components) as of yesterday. I am using sendmail with
>> procmail, and using maildir format for messages.
>>
>> Everything was working great, but then we noticed that new filter
>> rules were not getting applied.  They seemed to be added without
>> complaint, but when I look t the corresponding .procmailrc, the
>> rule was never entered (or removed, if that was the case).  Looking
>> at the date stamps, I can see this problem has existed for several
>> months, but since the interface wasn't complaining, users just
>> assumed it was something they did.
>>
>> I have been fiddling with our backends.local.php for many hours
>> now, and nothing I try seems to make a difference.
>>
>> If I make a new rule, it will show up in the ingo interface, and I
>> get two green pop-ups indicating that the rule was made.  But,
>> again, it never shows up in the .procmailrc.
>>
>> I cannot find any errors in the horde log (and I have it set to
>> debug). I have tried wiping all filters and starting from scratch,
>> but it doesn't help.  I have checked the ingo_rules table, and I
>> see the rules are present there.  I check my ftp logs, and it looks
>> like the file transfer is occurring as it should:
>>
>> Sat Aug 31 11:52:29 2013 [pid 3] [george] OK UPLOAD: Client
>> "10.x.x.x", "/home/george/.procmailrc", 8134 bytes, 9183.07Kbyte/sec
>> Sat Aug 31 11:53:33 2013 [pid 2] CONNECT: Client "10.x.x.x"
>> Sat Aug 31 11:53:33 2013 [pid 1] [george] OK LOGIN: Client "10.x.x.x"
>> Sat Aug 31 11:53:33 2013 [pid 3] [george] OK UPLOAD: Client
>> "10.x.x.x", "/home/george/.procmailrc", 8191 bytes, 11956.69Kbyte/sec
>> Sat Aug 31 11:53:41 2013 [pid 2] CONNECT: Client "127.0.0.1"
>
> Rather seems to be a problem with your FTP server and/or file system
> if uploading succeeds. The different file sizes indicate that Ingo
> is indeed sending different script versions. If the scripts don't
> change anyway, this doesn't have anything to do with Ingo.

But the ftp system works perfectly fine when invoked from the command
line.  It is only through horde/ingo that it is having problems.  The
different file sizes were because they were two different attempts
with two different actions: one to remove a filter, the other to add.
If I switch to ssh, Ingo still does not work... and, prior to April
this year, it was working fine.  Something must have changed in Ingo
somewhere along the line.

>> 10.x.x.x here is the address of the horde box.  FTP is restricted
>> to the local machine only.
>>
>> I have checked the perms on .procmailrc for the given user.  They
>> are appropriate.  But I noticed that if I delete .procmailrc, a new
>> one is never generated by ingo.  If I touch a new one (as that user
>> of course), the file remains empty, even when ingo states the rule
>> was created successfully.
>>

>> The only oddity I see in the logs is this occasional entry:
>>
>> Sat Aug 31 11:50:03 2013 [pid 1] [Administrator] FAIL LOGIN: Client
>> "127.0.0.1"
>
> The only place where this user should ever appear is when setting up
> Horde for the first time and using automatic login.
>
>> I have no idea where that is coming from... must be some component
>> of horde (because that is all this box is used for), but I don't
>> have a clue...
>>
>> I find this entry in the DB after creating a rule called "xxx rule":
>>
>> ingo_rules
>> |     181 | george          | xxx rule    |           2 |
>> INBOX.Promotions |          0 |
>> a:1:{i:0;a:4:{s:5:"field";s:7:"Subject";s:4:"type";i:1;s:5:"match";s:8:"contains";s:5:"value";s:3:"xxx";}}
>>
>> Finally, here is the procmail portion of my backends.local.php:
>>
>> $backends['procmail'] = array(
>>    'disabled' => false,
>>    'transport' => array(
>>        Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>            'driver' => 'vfs',
>>            'params' => array(
>>                'hostspec' => 'localhost',
>>                'filename' => '.procmailrc',
>>                'vfs_path' => '/home/%u',
>>            )
>>        ),
>>    ),
>>    'script' => array(
>>        Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>            'driver' => 'procmail',
>>            'params' => array(
>>                'path_style' => 'maildir',
>>                'variables' => array(
>>                ),
>>                'forward_string' => '"|/usr/bin/procmail"',
>>            ),
>>        ),
>>    ),
>>    'shares' => false
>> );
>
> You should *NOT* copy complete examples to backends.local.php,
> though that's probably nothing to do with your issue.

I see, I think I'm getting this now... though I still have much to
learn here... I changed my backends.local.php to:

$backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['disabled'] = true;
$backends['procmail']['disabled'= false;

Is that correct?

Thanks for your help, Jan!

-Chris