[ingo] Filters are not applied

cjdl01 cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Wed Sep 11 22:34:36 UTC 2013

>>> Rather seems to be a problem with your FTP server and/or file
>>> system if uploading succeeds. The different file sizes indicate
>>> that Ingo is indeed sending different script versions. If the
>>> scripts don't change anyway, this doesn't have anything to do with
>>> Ingo.
>>
>> But the ftp system works perfectly fine when invoked from the
>> command line.  It is only through horde/ingo that it is having
>> problems.  The different file sizes were because they were two
>> different attempts with two different actions: one to remove a
>> filter, the other to add.  If I switch to ssh, Ingo still does not
>> work... and, prior to April this year, it was working fine.
>> Something must have changed in Ingo somewhere along the line.

>>> The only place where this user should ever appear is when setting
>>> up Horde for the first time and using automatic login.

>>> You should *NOT* copy complete examples to backends.local.php,
>>> though that's probably nothing to do with your issue.
>>
>> I see, I think I'm getting this now... though I still have much to
>> learn here... I changed my backends.local.php to:
>>

>> $backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
>> $backends['sieve']['disabled'] = true;
>> $backends['procmail']['disabled'= false;
>>
>> Is that correct?
>
> Yes, though 'sieve' is disabled by default, so you can leave it out.
> --
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org/

Okay.  I think I got this knocked.  I get how to do the
backends.local.php now.  Thank you.

I had an epiphany while brushing my teeth the other day. It occurred
to me that I jail my ftp to a "My Documents" folder for the sake of
gollem, so it was probably putting .procmailrc under that directory!
I had forgotten I had it set up like that, since it was done so long
ago.  I had switched to FTP because my ssh2 wasn't working... but that
was probably because my backends.local.php was not correct.

I went back to using ssh2 (instead of ftp), and did my
backends.local.php as it should be done, and everything is working
again.

Yahoo!

Just wanted to share that for anyone else out there who might bump
into a similar problem.

Thanks for your input Jan!

-Chris