[ingo] Default Spam filter rule doesn't work with Sieve

Matti Rantakömi matti at rantakomi.fi
Sun Feb 9 21:30:48 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.1.3 (Ingo 3.1.3). There is
default rule "Spam filter" with options:

Spam Level: (Messages with a likely spam score greater than or equal to
this number will be treated as spam.)

Folder to receive spam:

This is okay. The problem is that when I try to use "Save and enable"
Ingo gives error message:

Script not updated: There was an error activating the script. The driver
said: ingo: line 10: error: unknown test 'No' (only reported once at
first occurence). ingo: error: validation failed.

So it seems that Ingo tries to write unproper Sieve lines for that spam
filter rule and thus it cannot be validated.

The sieve formatted default spam filter rule saved by Ingo is the following:

  9: # Spam Filter
     10: if No strings specified {
     11:     fileinto "Spam";
     12:     stop;
     13: }

As the error message says the problem is in line 10. As you can see
there is "No strings specified" so the rule cannot work. I suppose that
correct filter rule (lines 9-13 on my test) should be something like this:

9: # Spam Filter
10: if allof ( not header :comparator "i;ascii-casemap" :contains
"X-Spam-Score" "-", header :value "gt" :comparator "i;ascii-numeric"
"X-Spam-Score" ["5"] ) {
     11:     fileinto "Spam";
     12:     stop;
     13: }