[ingo] Ingo&Maildrop

Staff Forwarding staff at 4xtra.com
Tue Aug 26 16:04:20 UTC 2014

On 25/08/2014 16:31, Arjen de Korte wrote:
> usly missing something then - I have to enable maildrop, put in a port
> number (we aren't using default port 21), & set the "strip_inbox"
> parameter - how do I set these maildrop parameters if I don't edit
> backends.php?
>
> You obviously didn't see the comments in the header of backends.php
> and proceeded straight to maildrop section. It quite clearly states:
>
>  * IMPORTANT: DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE!
>  * Local overrides MUST be placed in backends.local.php or backends.d/.
>  * If the 'vhosts' setting has been enabled in Horde's configuration,
> you can
>  * use backends-servername.php.
>
> Changing backends.php *will* break your installation on upgrading
> packages, since this file can (and will) be overwritten. Keeping
> everything in backends.local.php makes sure you don't run into
> unpleasant surprises here.
Yup, I jumped to the text because I was following the instructions on
some web page I'd found which told me to alter it & because having
copied hooks.php.dist to hooks.php I watched that get overridden by a
previous upgrade I thought I would have to manage such changes myself.

Thanks for the correction, I'll change my editor preferences to make the
colours of the comments more prominent - it doesn't help that I'm colour
blind & the default set makes commented text very "murky" - still that's
no excuse.