[ingo] activate sieve script

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Fri Nov 11 08:56:38 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Quoting meberhardt at unl.edu.ar:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> By now, the only way I've found to activate the user rules using
>> Sieve backend is clicking the "Enable script" button in the filters
>> section or creating a new rule. This forces the creation of a
>> dovecot.sieve file populated with the rules defined in ingo_rules.
>>
>> Is there a way to automatical enable or set active the sieve script
>> with the rules defined in ingo_rules table by the users?
>
> No, not with anything built into Horde/Ingo. Not sure how this would
> work anyway, unless your sieve server does not require user login
> credentials.

some years ago I have written an script to update the sieve scripts
for our cyrus setup to help the migration from procmail to sieve.
This script uses proxy authentication with the PLAIN mech and
admin credentials.

>> I'm moving from Horde 3.3 and IMAP backend to Horde 5 and sieve
>> backend and I have lots of users with their own ruleset.

I have attached the script. You will need to tweak some paths and
change the admin credentials and the server name

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen