[ingo] Ingo vacation message start with "-e" (backend procmail)

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Sat Oct 6 09:03:43 UTC 2018

Citeren Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:

> Zitat von Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Citeren Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> if i create my vacation message over Ingo the reply message
>>> content start with "-e".
>>> For some reason the -e is in the reply message, but why?
>>>
>>> [...]
>>> -i"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8" ; \
>>> echo -e "Ich [...]
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> $backends['procmail']
>>> procmail 3.22-25+deb9u1
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Samuel
>>
>> Out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you are using
>> procmail? Which IMAP server do you use?
>
> Not really, move to Sieve is on my todo list.
> IMAP server is Dovecot.

In that case may I suggest to forget about procmail and use the
Dovecot LDA and switch to Sieve instead. The benefit of using the
Dovecot LDA instead of procmail is that the first will update the
mailbox index and -cache while messages are delivered, rather then
when the mailbox is accessed.

Procmail is no longer maintained and for the above mentioned reasons
should not be the first choice.