[ingo] Ingo not updating maildrop filters

Chris Hogan chris.hogan at 4xtra.com
Thu Apr 11 08:42:16 UTC 2019

On 10/04/2019 17:37, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Chris Hogan <chris.hogan at 4xtra.com>:
>
>> I've had ingo running for some years on my old server, but due to a
>> disastrous crash I've had to move to a new machine.
>>
>> I copied the existing horde folder & I've got most things working,
>> however when I try to update a filter rule-set I get "Script not
>> updated: There was an error activating the script. The driver said:
>> Authentication to FTP server failed"
>>
>> I'm using maildrop, linked through ftp. My ftp user is called "vmail" &
>> I've checked that I can log on via ftp by using Filezilla - not
>> something I'd normally do to look at the mail folders, but it proves the
>> user has access with the password & port, as set in the files.
>>
>> Given this is all copied from the old server, the Horde settings should
>> be OK, as long as I have replicated the environment around it, but I
>> assume I've missed something
>>
>> in hooks..php I have
>>
>>   case 'vfs':
>>             return array(
>>                 'password' => 'the password I use',
>>                 'username' => 'vmail'
>>             );
>>         }
>>
>> and in backends.local.php
>>
>> $backends['maildrop'] = array(
>>     // Disabled by default
>>     'disabled' => false,
>>     'transport' => array(
>>         Ingo::RULE_ALL => array(
>>             'driver' => 'vfs',
>>             'params' => array(
>>
>>                 'vfs_path' => '/%u',
>>                 // VFS: FTP example
>>                 // The VFS driver to use
>>                 'vfstype' => 'ftp',
>>                 // Port of the VFS server
>>                 'port' => 2121,
>>                 // Specify permissions for uploaded files if necessary:
>>                 'file_perms' => '0600',
>>             )
>>         ),
>>     ),
>>
>> Can I increase the logging information to check exactly what my files
>> are instructing Ingo to do? It would be good to check that I've not
>> accidentally introduced some changes to the Postfix//Courier/Maildrop
>> settings which invalidate entries in these files. It's been running
>> happily on the old server for so many years that I've forgotten how to
>> do a lot of this - perhaps I'm not invoking ftp correctly at all?
>>
>> I assume it is my misconfiguration somewhere, but any pointers would be
>> gratefully received
>
> Maybe the IP address of your new server is prohibited to connect to
> the FTP server?

Yes, I was just about to post to the list - the FTP server was
configured to listen to its external IP - but not localhost.

So simple. Of course the error message was just an authentication error,
so I didn't realise it was really a connectivity settings issue: it took
me quite a long time to find I could fix it with a single settings change