[ingo] problem writing sieve file

Ted ted at easydns.com
Mon Dec 16 18:55:57 UTC 2019

Hello,

I'm working on a horde implementation for our mail system, and I'm
having problems with getting ingo to be able to write to the sieve file
to the server, I get a connection time out error whenever I try to save
a filter.  Horde can access email on the same server it's trying to
write the file to, and all other functions seem to work.

My backends.local.php is as below:

<?php
$backends['imap']['disabled'] = true;
$backends['sieve']['disabled'] = false;
$backends['sieve']['transport'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['hostspec'] =
'imap.easymail.ca';
$backends['sieve']['script'][Ingo::RULE_ALL]['params']['utf8'] = true;

That mailservers are loadbalanced and also run through a director proxy,
so the imap.easymail.ca host points to a loadbalanced director-dovecot
cluster which handles login requests and directs to the backend servers
which actually maintain the mail and sieve files, I had tried having
ingo connect  directly to one of the director machines and directly to
one backend server to see if something in the networkng was a problem,
but I get the same result regardless.  I'm wondering if there is
something needed in the config I'm unaware of, or what else to check at
this point.  Can anyone offer any insight or suggestions?

Thanks
Ted
easyDNS Technologies