[jeta] jeta

Wed, 2 Oct 2002 12:32:03 -0500

Quoting Jan Schneider <jan@horde.org>:

> Btw, wouldn't it make more sense to use it as an inline applet instead of
> opening it in a new window?

Actually, no.  But it doesn't matter, because you can configure it to
do either (just add a parameter to config/config.php and then set it in
templates/main.inc).

When I first did this, I did it inline.  I changed it do to user complaints,
and never went back after the first time I used it.  There are numerous
feature loses if you do it inline, but most of all, if it opens inline,
and you go to another horde application, you can't get back to your ssh
session.  Or at least I couldn't find a way to do so...  Also, it limits
you to one session (per browser window).

You could create a new browser window for each inline session, but that
just takes up more window space for no real gain.

Feel free to play with it and prove me wrong.  But AFAIK, opening it in
a seperate window is the only way to make sure you don't "lose" the
ssh connection by changing web pages.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics