off topic a bit - news feeds

Quinn Wilson Quinn.Wilson@midworld.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 22:40:47 -0600

Sorry if this a no-no on this list, but I can't imagine where else to ask
this question. I'm looking for newsfeeds from local news sites, popular TV
network news sites (like CNN) and it seems bizarre to me that there is not
much out there.

I have sent email's to "feedback@" addresses on these site's asking for some
and they've all gone unanswered. Are these news feeds unpopular with the news
reporting crowd? Are they perhaps obscure/unknown to them? I realize there
are many available through moreover.com and many excellent technical
news/discussion sites out there. I guess I was expecting to be able to find
one on news site X because all the "news reporting" type sites would know
about this as a publishing medium.

Maybe I am missing the point altogether and this type of service exists in a
pay through the nose kind of arrangement, but only among cross-commercial
partnering of some kind?

~
~
:qwilson@midworld.org - Lunky C++; Lunky do {;}