[jonah] cli-backend.sh problem

Thu, 7 Feb 2002 14:32:09 -0600

Quoting Pavel Chytil <pchytil@asp.ogi.edu>:

> Hello,
>
> I am having problems with update of articles in jonah. I am trying to use
> cli-backend.sh, but I am getting following output (junk.txt attached) if I
> save the output to file and not to /dev/null.

You didn't allow guest access to jonah (didn't allow guest access in
horde/config/registry.php).  Hence when you hit backend.php,
it includes /jonah/lib/base.php.  The last thing in base.php says if
guest access isn't allowed, then you need to be logged in by Horde, so
it redirects you to the Horde login page.  Since the included base.php
and its login checks are *before* the login checks in backend.php, they
take priority.

Solutions:

1) Allow guest access
2) Modify base.php to allow access somehow.

I did #2.  I modified base.php to say if the url is backend.php and the
IP is an allowed IP to allow it through, otherwise use the horde auth
stuff.  Hence it does horde auth for all other urls, and httpd auth for
backend.php.

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin
Austin, Texas 78712-1081

Office:    RLM 7.126
Telephone: 512-471-5821
Email:	   eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu

"I like driving around with my two cats, especially on the
freeway.  I make them wear little hats so that I can use the
carpool lane.  Way too much time on your hands too?  Call me.
SWF, 42, 5'10", brown/blue."  -- from the book "Plain Fat
Chick Seeks Guy Who Likes Broccoli" (Gibbs Smith)