[jonah] conf.xml file

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 18:39:51 +0200

Sunday, September 1, 2002, 6:44:37 AM, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

CH> Quoting Tim Gorter <email@teletechnics.com>:

>> If you can give me a clue / pointer on how / where I find the coding for
>> doing that I would be happy, I'm trying to do the same for other modules,
>> but as it is driver dependant I hadn't quite figured the 'if' statement
>> in XML.

CH> We may just have to work up a way around it, like adding a seperate option
CH> determining which to use... dunno.

Trying various things I am coming up blank.
As I see it, it would need to be something definable within the conf.xml
file, but very generic.

I looked at adding another attribute to <configsection> but this falls over
when several configsection carry the same name attribute, therefore
overwriting each other.
(ie. <configsection name="params" subclass="sql"> and then for the next lot
<configsection name="params" subclass="file"> this applying actually more
to other modules, rather than this one.)
With this trying to conserve most of the code changes to config.php

Adding another set of tags, would work but that is possibly a complete
change in the coding, starting to go over my head...

As I see it, this would be something that affects all config screens where
parameters are set based on drivers.

cosmetically I would have also thought it would be best if upon change of say
'storage driver' the associated parameters fields are updated (much like
when adding rules in ingo).

Well I suppose I'll try to keep having a go at it, but it's proving more
difficult than first thought.