[jonah] newsfeed.php finally working!

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri Jan 24 11:38:39 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Okay, I finally got jonah's newsfeed.php working (CVS HEAD as of a few
> hours ago) and it works great.  Created a custom channel, added it to my
> channels-site.php file, got it to update with it, subscribed to it, viewed
> it, it all works.

Woohoo!

> It appears it won't work with https: (ssl) urls though -- is that right?

It should if your fopen-wrappers supports https. Mine (PHP 4.3.0 compiled
--with-openssl) does.

> Chuck left some debugging in there where it should actually show the
> story, but that is cool.

Right; most of the functionality is still pretty hackish. I wouldn't mind
this being committed for the interim; moving it to a template would be ideal
eventually, but for now... *shrug*

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>