[jonah] Funky weather stations

Patrick Brossier Patrick.Brossier at mgm.fr
Sat Mar 15 15:55:35 PST 2003

> ----- Message de jan at horde.org ---------
>     Date : Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:00:20 +0100
>      De : Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
> Répondre à : Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>  Objet : Re: [jonah] Funky weather stations
>       À : jonah at lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting "Alan W. Rateliff, II" <lists at rateliff.net>:
>
> > A couple of days ago, weather for Tallahassee, FL is showing up as San
> > Diego, CA.  The lag and missing information isn't an issue anymore, just
> > wrong weather.
> >
> > I just checked and Atlanta, GA shows up as San Diego, also... curious.
>
> Did you check if this is a problem on the weather server and not in Jonah?
>
> Jan.

You have the response at http://weather.interceptvector.com/

«NEW AS OF 03/13/2003 (Database problems)
         Like wrote a few days ago, the unscheduled downtime of a few weeks ago was due to an overload of the server, specifically the database server. I believe I've tracked a good portion of this load to a database look up that occurs everytime weather.xml is hit. In my last update to this site, I detailed an update to weather.xml to help alleviate this problem. It seems that again the database load has become too high on the server, and my database access has been shut down. I apologize for the inconvience, but the new method of accessing weather.xml should work fine. I will be removing the old method (ahead of schedule) in an effort to get my database access returned, but like I said the old method is now gone forever, please upgrade to the new method detailed below. Thank you, and again I offer my apologies.»

--
  Patrick Brossier           |
  F-34090 MONTPELLIER        |   mailto:Patrick.Brossier at mgm.fr
  FRANCE                     |   http://www.mgm.fr