[jonah] Funky weather stations

Ben Scott bscott at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Mar 17 09:41:04 PST 2003

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, Rick Emery wrote:

> Quoting "Alan W. Rateliff, II" <lists at rateliff.net>:
>
> > Both viable options.  I'd assume that the .tsv files on the FTP site might
> > be updated at some point, at which time a quick DROP and mysqlimport would
> > be the way to go.
>
> If I could figure out how to generate the tsv file from the xml file, I'd post
> it to the list. I'm waiting for the original author to chime up; I can't imagine
> anyone created the origianl tsv file by hand!

The original .tsv files were actually made with an evil nasty combination
of wget, grep, cut and a load of regexp replaces in emacs - seemed easier
at the time than writing and debugging a script to do it :-)
Unfortunately I don't have time at the moment to carry on fiddling with
things.

--
Ben Scott                                Powered by C8H10N4O2
bscott at chiark.greenend.org.uk	           Preserve wildlife!