[jonah] Weather Forcast

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 19 14:56:23 PST 2003

Quoting neilh at mail.datasolv.net:

> When I configure my weather station through the Jonah options, no matter what
> set it for, I only get San Diego, CA forcast.

Yes, the site is "broken".  See the list archives or
http://weather.interceptvector.com/ for more info.

I started working on new files for the new system, but ran into some problems.
The files are at https://mail.ph.utexas.edu/patches/jonah/ if anyone wants
them.  I'm not sure if the TSV files will work or not, and I think only US
sites are in them at the moment.  I can say there are problems in weather.php
there, in that there are duplicate city names.  The old version only had
a subset of available cities.  What I generated has them all.  The problem
is the array indexes were the city name, and since there are duplicates
(same city in different states) this doesn't work.  I will try changing it
to array indexes of city+state or something, but this means every one will
have to reselect their preferences, etc.  Nasty.

Are there any problems with me doing the full list?  Memory consumption for
the array for example?  Should I try to trim down the list, or use them all?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!