[jonah] Can't update news channels

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sat May 3 17:58:15 PDT 2003

On Sat, 3 May 2003 16:36:53 -0400
Rick Emery <rick at emery.homelinux.net> wrote:

> This is as far as I've been able to get:
>
> In Cache.php, in function _call, it's stopping on the line
>
> @eval($code);
>
> $code is "$result =
> Horde_Serialize::serialize(Jonah_News::_fetchExternalStories('http://
> ww
> w.teoti.net/geeknews/backend.php','1051994231'),SERIALIZE_UTF7_BASIC)
> ;"
>
> There are similar results with other channels.
>
> I'm not sure where to look from here (but I'm guessing I need to look
> into the Horde_Serialize::serialize function). Can you point the way?

No fair having it an obviously named file (Serialize.php) :-)

I opened Serialize.php, and added to the function serialize, as the
first line, a statement to print a literal string. But nothing printed.

My guess is that @eval executes $code. But I don't see where anything is
executed between the @eval and the call to serialize, so I'm not sure
where to go from here.

Any ideas? Thanks