[jonah] Weather Stations

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Thu May 15 13:10:10 PDT 2003

Quoting Ben Garrett <benji at mindspring.com>:

> The XML for the weather stations seems broken at the moment, on the server
> side.
>  Is there another public weather server out there to test this, or is
> http://weather.interceptvector.com the only one of its kind?
>
> When I try it in Mozilla, I get this:
>
> http://weather.interceptvector.com/weather.xml?id=VVNHQTAwMjg%3D
>
> returns
>
> XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
> Location: http://weather.interceptvector.com/weather.xml?id=VVNHQTAwMjg%3D
> Line Number 2, Column 1:<b>Warning</b>:
> main(/home3/petersen/work/www/weather.interceptvector.com/weather/weather.php)
> [<a href='http://www.php.net/function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to
> create stream: Permission denied in
> <b>/home3/petersen/work/www/weather.interceptvector.com/weather.xml</b> on
> line

Apparently the site is down again; I just saw this on the home page:

NEW AS OF 05/12/2003 (Permissions error)
Thanks to everyone who has emailed about the service disruption. I am aware of
it will do my best to fix it quickly. This is basically another bandwidth issue
and may take a little while to fix. There are too many emails to respond to
individually, so please check back here for updates. Thank you, and my
apologies for the downtime.