[jonah] Backend.php

Chris J Albertson alb at chrisalbertson.com
Mon May 19 09:44:38 PDT 2003

The chache update thing is pretty cool. Works well for me.... with one exception.
It looks like there is no timeout value for news retrieval. As it stands today,
this things will just lock up waiting for a reply. It would be nice to wait like
30 seconds or something and have it just display info unavailable.

Is this an easy fix? I think I recall a discussion on this topic a while back
when backend.php was still in use.

Thanks and nice work on this thing!

--
Chris Albertson
Owner - ChrisAlbertson.com  (Actually, I rent, with an option to buy)

^         You can find my PGP public key,            ^
^  email server policy, and other misc "stuff" at..  ^
^         http://www.chrisalbertson.com.             ^

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

 Quoting Tom Miller <it at smucayman.com>:

 > Is this missing from the CVS tree for a reason?

 if you mean backend.php with a smalls caps 'b', yes. it is no longer required
 and has been removed, since updating of the news cache is now handled on the
 fly with Horde_Cache

 marko