[jonah] Weather

Chris J Albertson alb at chrisalbertson.com
Wed May 28 19:21:00 PDT 2003

Yup. Jonah can be strange. But, I have no problem cutting slack on this thing.
Sometimes I get impatient with it, but it's going thru a lot of changes. (For
the better) You just need to mess with it and it will work. (At least, from my
experience)
It's made some neat changes along the way. Moving everything to SQL is a great
move. Also, the cache thing is nice. (Note: There needs to be a way to globally
change all the cache expirations, instead of changing them individually. I had
to run a quick SQl statement to change them all, but regular users can't be
expected to do this.)

As far as getting the head version to work. Here are some things that got it to
work for me.

1) Make sure the configuration has external selected in the new types.
2) Make sure your horde base it up to date. (ie. head)
3) I got fed up with everything and just dropped all the jonah tables and
cleared out my horde layout settings for headlines. I pretty well started over.
This may not be an option for you, but it's something I did, and mine is working
really well now.
4) Enjoy SQL hacking.
5) Make sure you've converted your channels.php file into the SQL database.

I'm sure the developers will have some comments about this, but that was my
real-world experience. Jonah head is working really well for me.

(Adding a timeout on the cache refresh would rock guys. Not sure if this made it
into the code yet. I haven't updated in a few days.)

Keep up the great work all.

Oh, and PS: No weather here either.

--
Chris Albertson
Owner - ChrisAlbertson.com  (Actually, I rent, with an option to buy)

^         You can find my PGP public key,            ^
^  email server policy, and other misc "stuff" at..  ^
^         http://www.chrisalbertson.com.             ^

Quoting Andy <andy at stronzo.d2g.com>:

 Hello,

 I'm also having "no weather" for maybe 5 days. Running CVS regularly updated.
 Interceptvector doesn't seem to state problems.

 But having problems with jonah in general, esp. with not being able to use
 external channels.

 Jonah can be strange sometimes. Following the jonah/docs doesn't take me to
 success.

 Andy