[jonah] internal channels and charactersets problems

pete pkarttun at siba.fi
Wed Aug 13 13:07:41 PDT 2003

Hello!
I tried to create internal channels to Jonah and noticed that the sequence
number in jonah_channels_seq is out of date. I updated it manually to the last
existing channel_id and created the channels succesfully. Could this be
automatically done?

Another problem: I had problem deleting stories from internal channels till i
added the channel_id -variable to the form:

/lib/form/Deletestory: $this->addHidden('', 'channel_id', 'int', true, true);

I had also some characterset-problems with skandinavian letters. I tried to turn
UTF-8 option on in /horde/config/nls.php, but it didn't help.
I don't quite know how setting the characterset is coordinated in the whole
framework, but I didn't get rid of the problem before I set UTF-8 to ISO-8859-1
in two files

in /lib/RSS.parser line 70:
xml_parser_set_option($this->parser, XML_OPTION_TARGET_ENCODING, 'ISO-8859-1');

..and in lib/News.php: return String::convertCharset($output, 'ISO-8859-1');

Could you give me some advice for this problem?

cvs 07-30-2003

Greetings,
pete