[jonah] Where is Weather??

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 12 18:56:54 PDT 2003

Quoting Guil Barros <listmail at metathusalan.com>:

> Im willing to help out however i can with ejse et al. If you have the time,
> please let us know how to use it.

Basically, you need to rewrite the sql table jonah_weatherstations (or the
config file that defines the stations) from the interceptor site's
urls to ejse's urls.  ejse uses zipcodes instead of id tags, and of course
the url is different.  So you need to change th old string which looked
something like:

http://weather.interceptvector.com/weather.xml?id=VVNQQTAwNzE%3D
      | TX      | Austin | graphics/noradar.gif

to something like:

 http://www.ejse.com/WeatherService/Service.asmx/GetExtendedWeatherInfo?zipCode=78758
| TX      | Austin | graphics/noradar.gif

Where 78758 happens to be my zipcode in Austin Texas.

> What features does it have/not have? are there other options out there?

It isn't fully debugged.  The big thing is that it doesn't do any radar
data at this time.  Other than that is is somewhat comparable.

Biggest part here will probably be collecting zip codes for places.
We can start with just a few.  I can contribute a few I know...

Anyone else?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics