[jonah] portfolio value?

Guil Barros listmail at metathusalan.com
Mon Oct 13 14:39:41 PDT 2003

ok, ignore my previous problems, i just needed to try a little harder :)

heres the new one that will probably be solved by the time i hit send...

i have:

         $html .= '</td><td>';
            if (!empty($counts[$symbol]) && !empty($quote['lastPrice'])) {
                $html .= '$' . number_format($counts[$symbol] *
$quote['lastPrice'], 2);
                $portfolioRunningTotal += $counts[$symbol] *
$quote['lastPrice'];
            }
            $html .= '</td></tr>';
            $i++;

        }
        /**
         * Print Portfolio Value from $portfolioRunningTotal.
         */
        $html .= 'Portfolio Value:';
        $html .= '$' . number_format('$portfolioRunningTotal', 2);

        $html .= '</table>';
        return $html;
    }

but it seems that $portfolioRunningTotal never gets a value (apart from the '0'
its initialized to). What am i missing?

thanks,
-guil