[jonah] Where is Weather??

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 14 09:25:57 PDT 2003

> Cool. Is there any particular reason we need to load a map of locations->zip
> codes? Can't users just input their zip code?
>
> -chuck

You could just have the zipcode as preference or something.  The only
reason for doing it otherwise is some people like to know the weather
for other locations then where they are.  For example, my wife is from
Houston, and we go there a lot.  I have no idea what the zip codes are
in Houston though.  So to find the weather, I need a name.  Another example,
we're about to vacation in Pennsylvania.  Again, no idea what the zip codes
are, but I can find it by name.  That way I can change my weather to PA for
a week or so to "prepare" for our vacation.

This is a minor nit.  I'd be happy with a zipcode preference for it.

> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
> Born right the first time.

Eric Rostetter