[jonah] Weather Applet

Dan Chlopek danc at wang-manor.com
Tue Oct 21 15:54:46 PDT 2003

>Right. Jonah's initial purpose was to be the headline feeds, then to be
>something like what the Horde portal already is today. So I'd prefer to move
>the block-like things into just portal applets, and have Jonah focus on
>news/content authoring.
>
>-chuck

I've hacked something together to create an applet using the ejse driver and
some of the Jonah weather stuff.  It asks the user for a zip code.  This way u
can set up multiple Weather applets on yor main horde page.

I put it into horde/lib/Block as weather.php

here's what I added to horde/config/registry.php:
$this->applets['weather'] = array(
    'name' => _("View weather by ZIP code"),
    'type' => 'weather',
    'default' => ''
);

I'm attaching my weather.php. I'm new to php and the horde framework, but i
managed to get something that works.  I'd like to move all the functionality
into the weather.php Block class, so that if the weather functionality leaves
the jonah project. I wasnt sure on how to pull that off, so for now it
references the ejse.php file from jonah/lib/Weather as well as Jonah.php and
base.php from jonah/lib

Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Dan Chlopek
danc at wang-manor.com
AIM: Danimal4326