[jonah] Weather list

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Wed Dec 10 18:36:40 PST 2003

Quoting Dan Chlopek <danc at wang-manor.com>:

> I've been trying to port the ejse driver from Jonah into a standalone Horde
> block that looks up weather by zip code.  I'm having some difficulty trying
> get it all working, but once I've managed to get something that works, I'll
> post it to the appropriate list..

Great!

> regarding the metar block, I havent been able to get it to work with the
> latest
> CVS code of horde.. Is all the code in place to make it work, or is it still
> too early?

It should be ready. It requires the pear Services_Weather package (the most
recent of which is release candidate 2), and there's a script that downloads
the location information and inserts it into a database (in my case, the
script was in /usr/share/pear/data/Services_Weather and was named
buildMetarDB; you should store the location data in tables in your horde
database, so it can use your existing horde SQL configuration).

>From there, it should work as expected.

hth,
Rick