[jonah] News for guests

Daniel Eckl daniel.eckl at gmx.de
Sun Dec 12 01:13:52 PST 2004

Hi!

I'd like to provide rss newsfeeds for guests with jonah HEAD snapshot 2004-12-11
and horde 3 rc3.
I configured jonah and selected the wanted newsfeeds as a user.
Then I filled the prefs.php with the values which were created for the user.

I gave guests read rights to jonah, but all what guests can see is the delivery
page, no content page.

I tracked this down to jonah/index.php where there is:

if (Auth::getAuth()) {
    require JONAH_BASE . '/content.php';
} else {
    require JONAH_BASE . '/delivery/index.php';
}

Well, that explains the behavior, but I don't see the reason for this. Can
anybody explain that to me, please?

Replacing the shown part through only "require JONAH_BASE . '/content.php';"
seems to do the trick and I cannot see any drawback...

Would it be possible to activate the rights system for that, so that it's enough
to give read rights to guests?

Thank you and all the best,
Daniel