[jonah] News for guests

Daniel Eckl Daniel.Eckl at gmx.de
Mon Dec 13 01:23:46 PST 2004

Well, I think, guests have a place to store preferences. in prefs.php.

There I configured the sources and it works as fine as the guest preferences
for kronolith etc.pp.

Really, just removing the if clause was giving me the functionality I
wanted. If you can extend the "if (Auth::getAuth())" by the question "or if
guest has read access", then all would be perfect without patching. If
someone complains, that guest doesn't have prefs and he doesn't want to set
the default in prefs.php, then he just needs to let guest have no read
access and he has the same behavior as now (which would be default and all
is fine).

The difference is the freedom of choice. :)

Greets,
Daniel

GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail