[jonah] Atom Support

Brandon Knitter knitterb at blandsite.org
Sun Jan 16 13:40:23 PST 2005

> There is no direction. There only are a lot diverging, inconsistent, and
> confusing "standards". If you want Atom support, write a parser or extend
> the RSS parser.

I was pretty sure I'd have to write one, and I know the "standards" smattering
is always a mess.  My question is more of a request for opinion.  I've
not done
much in the way of feeds (RSS or otherwise), so I'm looking for professional
opinion on the RSS vs. Atom thing.  Is it worthwhile to write [an Atom] one?
Do most people simply use RSS?  Is Atom more of an international
standard?  Any
clue on the direction of feeds?

I'm looking for opinion (right or wrong) on the direction of feeds.  I
made the
assumption you guys would be able to give me an educated opinion based upon
your experience...since you guys wrote your own RSS parser! :)

Thanks,

--
-bk