[jonah] Hello

Joey Hewitt joey at joeyhewitt.com
Sun May 21 08:28:37 PDT 2006

Hello,

I'm new to the Jonah component, though I've been using Horde IMP for
webmail on my "vanity" domain for a few years now.  I'm interested in
claiming the "Jonah PDF output" bounty
(http://www.horde.org/bounties/details.php#jonah_pdfoutput)  We'll see
how it goes, as I'm still getting used to PHP.  So, yesterday I checked
out of anonymous CVS the Horde framework and Jonah.  I think I've
finally gotten things running fairly smoothly (my development machine
will be my Windows 98 system - it's not a picnic trying to get Apache,
MySQL, and PHP all working, though it could have been much worse too.)

I've been trying to set things up so I can get a feel for Jonah.  One
problem I had occurred when I was trying to import the initial channels
with scripts/create_initial_feeds.php  I was getting errors in horde.log
from the PEAR DB.  I tracked it down to lib/News/sql.php, line 88.  It
looks like another "?" token is needed for the SQL query string.  That
fixed it for me, at least.  Someone with a little more knowledge could
probably verify that and make the change in CVS if it's ok. ;)

Is there more documentation for Jonah?  I've tried the help buttons and
the docs/ directory, but they're pretty sketchy.  I guess I can ask
around here if there isn't more documentation, but judging by the lack
of recent activity on the archives, I'm guessing there aren't many folks
on the list.

Thanks for reading,
Joey Hewitt