[kronolith] hello? anyone home?

Raul Alvarez Venegas rav@tecoman.ucol.mx
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:21:51 +0000 ( )

On Tue, 14 Nov 2000, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Raul Alvarez Venegas <rav@tecoman.ucol.mx>:
>
> > /usr/src/apache_1.3.12# make
> > -lresolv  -lm -lcrypt -L/usr/src/openssl-0.9.5a -lssl -lcrypto
> > modules/php4/libphp4.a(php_mcal.o): In function `cal_close_it':
>
> Sometimes with errors like that, I've found that I've had to delete apache's
> config.cache file, do a make clean, and reconfigure from scratch. Also, maybe

I've done that, too.

> try running ldd on libphp4.a to see what it's expecting to link against? And

I'll try ldd on libphp4.a, haven't try it yet.

> have you tried compiling php as a DSO?

Yes, I have. A few hours ago, php4-cvs with mcal support was compiled
without errors as a DSO in another machine. Apache 1.3.14/SSL 1.42,
OpenSSL 0.9.6, cvs version of libmcal, icap and mstore, all compiled from
scratch.

And when trying to start apache I get:

/usr/src/cvs/php4# /home/www/bin/httpsdctl start
Syntax error on line 239 of /etc/httpd/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /home/www/libexec/libphp4.so into server:
/home/www/libexec/libphp4.so: undefined symbol: calevent_recur_weekly
/home/www/bin/httpsdctl start: httpsd could not be started

Thanks for your comments.

Raul