[kronolith] State of iCalendar standards/implementation

Anil Madhavapeddy anil@recoil.org
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 01:50:00 -0000

Brent J. Nordquist  wrote:
> I found the answer to this question this morning.  The other mode of
> Outlook is commonly referred to as "Corporate/Workgroup Mode"; each
> user has to make the mode decision when Outlook is first installed.  If
you
> install Outlook in C/W Mode, you can talk to both Exchange and POP3
> servers, but NOT IMAP servers.  :-(
>
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm

Although remember that you can still access the mailstore using
IMAP/POP3 with other clients.  My work does this, so I use Outlook 2000
to access the calendaring, and mutt/IMP for the actual mail.

(been trying to use Outlook for the last month.  Horrible :-(  Even quoting
messages properly is a pain)

Anil