[kronolith] [Fwd: Regarding authentication for kronolith]

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:50:41 +0000

First I recommend to use the horde and kronolith versions from cvs. This
versions also contain updated installation instructions, for example:

Use mcal sources from cvs the tarballs that are provided are completely out of
date and kronolith won't definitely run only with the cvs version.

The user/authentication/mcal setting is somehow irritating:
You _may_ usr mcal as the authentication mode for horde. You can setup this in
horde.php but I recommend another authentication scheme.

This has _nothing_ to do with kronolith. Kronolith uses only one mcal user as
specified in conf.php. The different calendars provided for the users that
authenticate against horde (via mcal, imap, imp, sql whatever) are maintained
by using different calendar names.

Conclusion: You don't have to setup an mcal user for every user that will use
kronolith as long as you don't use mcal as the authentication scheme for horde.

Hope this helps,
Jan.

Zitat von Asif Palimar <asif@starcomsoftware.com>:

Dear sir,
    I am trying to install kronolith, for that i am using the

    Horde version:  1.3.4
    Kronolith-version: 0.0.2

     I configured the horde properly and it was incrementing the session
data correctly.
     As per the kronolith instructions i downloaded the
libmcal-0.6.tar.gz amd mcal drivers-0.8.tar.gz and as per the steps,
setted up things properly.

    Then i configured php-4.0.6 with mcal=/usr/local/mcal option and
several others.
     I created a /etc/mpasswd file  and used the htpasswd program for
adding the users
 and after that i went to kronolith/config directory  and copied
conf.php.dist to conf.php and html.php.dist to html.php.

after setting all this when i give the respective url . it displays the
kronolith login screen and when i enter the user and password from the
/etc/mpasswd file . it displays the login screen again and again. i
can't figure it out what's wrong .please help.

Regards,
Asif

AMMMa AG - discover your knowledge
Detmolder Str. 25-33 :: D-33604 Bielefeld
fon +49.521.96878-0 :: fax  +49.521.96878-20
http://www.ammma.de