[kronolith] mcal list events

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:26:53 -0400

Quoting Jan Schneider <janmailing@gmx.de>:

> You mean like this:
> $input = new Data_csv('/tmp/input.csv');
> $data = $csv->import();
> $output = new Data_csv('/tmp/output.csv');
> $output->export($data)
> ?

Yup. If we had enough backends, we might even do a factory method... it'd be
really cool if this let us arbitrarily translate data between formats... (vCal -
> csv, etc...)

> I've only been working on importing from files (opposed to strings) so far
> because I can use fget_cvs and uploading a file to import will probably the
> most common scenario.

There should probably be the chance to do both...

> What about exporting? Perhaps I'll have to implement a csv export from turba
> anyway for one of out customers. They want to have an addressbook that allows
> serial mailings. Is it better to export the data to a file on the filesystem
> and send this one to the browser, or to send the data directly to browser
> using content-disposition?

Directly to browser.

> Who does the mbox export in imp work?

Eh?

> So many questions, so much to do, so few time! ;-)

Oh yes... :)

Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
Some fallen angels have their good reasons.