[kronolith] Re: [imp] timezone calculation

Jan Schneider janmailing@gmx.de
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:20:51 +0200

Zitat von Atif Ghaffar <aghaffar@developer.ch>:

> > Already did a very small pathch to kronolith to handle timezones but this
> one
> > has to be changed now.
> > The problem to solve is the fact that mcal probably doesn't support the
> "TZ"
> > env var neither does the upcoming sql driver. And how can we calculate
> timezone
> > differences out of timezone entries like "Europe/Berlin"?
>
> The timezone should be recorded as an offset to GMT etc.
> Have a look at http://sourceforge.net/projects/e-reminders/
> This might give you some ideas.

Hm, but we are recording timezone now as "America/New_York", "Europe/Berlin"
etc. and we need to find a way to calculate timezone differences from these
entries.
Do you know of any tool that may be able to handle this? It doesn't make sense
to create different entries for timezones for the different horde apps.

Jan.