[kronolith] Re: [imp] timezone calculation

kellan kellan@protest.net
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 04:52:17 -0700 (PDT)

well your next message said to forget it, but i'll respond anyway :)

ximian has created a collection of VTIMEZONE (ical timezone) objects that
correspond to the America/New York zones.  these contain not only the
offsets from GMT, but also daylight savings info, in a relatively easy
format to parse. from there its simple to calculate the differences.

http://primates.ximian.com/~damon/icalendar/

and you get an abstraction from the server's timezone handling.

kellan