stream pointer problem w/mcal?

list-kronolith@dragon.net list-kronolith@dragon.net
Mon, 03 Sep 2001 05:35:07 -0700

Have a fully functional Horde/IMP installation but can't get Kronolith
to actually add/delete events.

  Horde 1.3.5 cvs
  Kronolith 0.0.3 cvs
  PHP 4.0.6
  mcal 0.6 or 0.99

The error I get is:

  PHP Warning:  Unable to find stream pointer in
  /usr/local/opt/apache/horde/kronolith/lib/Driver/mcal.php
  on line 64

Checked the email archives and the last reference I see was from Chuck
back in June verifying that he had that problem but no solution. Has
there been some more recent info with a solution?

There was also some email in July from Luc Saillard with a MySQL
backend as an alternate to mcal/mstore? Can someone (Luc?) give me an
idea of where that stands? I'd certainly rather use MySQL for this,
since I'm already using it for auth, prefs and other apps.

--
			Paul

>From janmailing@gmx.de Date: Mon,  3 Sep 2001 14:55:04 +0200
> Have a fully functional Horde/IMP installation but can't get Kronolith
> to actually add/delete events.
>
>   mcal 0.6 or 0.99

If you are using mcal from cvs (the version number doesn't mean anything) and
it still doesn't work you should use the sql driver instead (s. below).

> There was also some email in July from Luc Saillard with a MySQL
> backend as an alternate to mcal/mstore? Can someone (Luc?) give me an
> idea of where that stands? I'd certainly rather use MySQL for this,
> since I'm already using it for auth, prefs and other apps.

The mysql driver has been replaced by a generic pear based sql driver. Take a
look at kronolith's lib/Driver directory.

Jan.