RPMs for RedHat-o-philes: MCAL and dev PHP

Mike Hardy mhardy@h3c.com
Mon, 3 Dec 2001 16:01:01 -0800 (PST)

I've been working on packaging newer versions of PHP (which we're using in
production at the company I'm working with currently), and we've also
started dipping our toes into calendaring with MCAL.

I needed RPMS of PHP that had fixed domxml problems (i.e. versions greater
than 4.0.6) and 4.1.0RC1 is the most recent version tagged in source. The
PHP source RPM I've put together is a RedHat RPM fixed up to work with a
CVS pull of the PHP_4_0_7 branch of the PHP cvs source tree (which will
eventually become PHP 4.1.0 I believe, since they're tagging it as such).

I also needed an MCAL RPM, which I couldn't find anywhere, so I cooked up
my own. Its from a CVS pull of the sourceforge libmcal project since the
released versions don't use autoconf enough to be packageable easily.

If you're interested, follow the relevant links at http://h3c.org and try
'em out.

If these don't work exactly as they are now, I'll update them with fixes
as I get them and note the fixes as such on the page.

If you were thinking of playing with Kronolith, maybe this will make it
easier for you to install.

Enjoy!

-Mike