MCAL and Solaris problem

C. M. Rahman (jr.) cmrahman@ccsi.com
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:17:54 -0600

I am on Sun Solaris 2.8 and getting this error everytime I try to compile
MCAL. Can somebody help on this issue? I tryed on Solaris 2.7 as well. but
no luck

# make
rm -f libmcal.so
gcc -O0 -Wall -g -Imstore -Iicap    -I.  -shared -o libmcal.so mcal.o
datetime.o lex.ical_yy.o icalroutines.o cal_misc.o icap/icap_driver.o
mstore/mstore_driver.o
Text relocation remains                         referenced
    against symbol                  offset      in file
<unknown>                           0x22e0      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x22e4      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x22e8      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x22ec      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x22f0      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x22f4      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x22f8      mcal.o
<unknown>                           0x13c       datetime.o

..... more

fopen                               0x75c       mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0xa68       mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0xcec       mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0xe74       mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x1040      mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x1168      mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x11bc      mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x1324      mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x1378      mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x14f8      mstore/mstore_driver.o
fopen                               0x154c      mstore/mstore_driver.o
read_event                          0xb60       mstore/mstore_driver.o
read_event                          0xd34       mstore/mstore_driver.o
read_event                          0xebc       mstore/mstore_driver.o
read_event                          0x1204      mstore/mstore_driver.o
read_event                          0x13c0      mstore/mstore_driver.o
read_event                          0x1588      mstore/mstore_driver.o
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libmcal.so] Error 1

C.M. Rahman Jr.
CTO