[kronolith] Fwd: Re: [cvs] cvs commit: nag prefs.php

Mike Hardy mhardy@h3c.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 19:21:15 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Do you have any information about kronolith_events_seq table in Kronolith?
> I keep getting this error and cant even find any reference to _sew in whole
> horde....

Tables that end in _seq in postgres (I'm assuming this is postgres?)
that aren't directly in your schema are usually the result of having a
column declared as "SERIAL" in the DDL or something similar. Useful for
auto-incrementing id columsn that need to be unique.

If its denying you update (that's what the error looked like), perhaps
there needs to be a "GRANT" SQL command after the table (and associated
sequence) creation.

You might try running a "GRANT ALL ON kronolith_events_seq TO
'horde@localhost.alchemistry.net'" to make it work.

This hints that you may have created the tables as a user other than
postgres user 'horde', if you run the database creation scripts for
kronolith as the user 'horde' that user would probably already have the
appropriate perms. That would potentially stop similar problems in other
tables that you just haven't seen yet, or you could check for other
implicit sequences (other serial columns) and just manually grant on them
too.

This is all a lot of supposition, but hey, its getting late on a Saturday
night, it may be all you have to go on for a while, and maybe it'll help
:-)

Good luck-
-Mike