[kronolith] Fwd: Re: [cvs] cvs commit: nag prefs.php

Mike Hardy mhardy@h3c.com
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 20:48:00 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Mike Hardy <mhardy@h3c.com>:
>
> > Tables that end in _seq in postgres (I'm assuming this is postgres?)
>
> It's kind of the same idea - it's a PEAR DB sequence. Maybe the Horde user
> doesn't have permissions to create tables?

To generate an error like "user horde doesn't have permission to update"
the sequence of events has to be something like "created schema with non
horde user", "didn't grant horde user permissions"

There could be infinite variations around it, but that's my hunch as to
what it boils down to.

Ilya - I realize you're using mysql instead of postgres, but could you try
the grant I posted in the last message? "grant all on kronolith_events_seq
to user 'horde@wherever.it.was.at'"?

That really should do the trick. Again though - there may be other
problems if the horde user didn't create the schema. Might be permissions
lacking all over the place...but I'm not sure how the PEAR DB stuff works,
so I can't help much - I can just guess around it.

-Mike